Why Choose Beeswax?
- Beeswax is all-natural
- Beeswax is renewable and non-toxic.
- Beeswax is safe for pets.
- Beeswax promotes healthy ecosystems.
- Beeswax candles and melts remove airborne toxins by creating and releasing negative ions into the air we breathe.
- Beeswax candles are longer burning than any other type of candle.
- Beeswax candles produce quality light in the visible spectrum of the sun.
Why Coconut Oil?
Beeswax alone is very dense and tends to only melt directly around the wick, wasting most of the wax.
We use a small amount of 100% organic coconut oil to soften our beeswax as a natural way to ensure an even burn and to prevent the candle from tunneling; saving wax and lengthening the overall life of the candle.
Coconut oil also has moisturizing properties and, when the candle wax cools, it can be applied to your lips as a naturally scented, waterproof lip balm!
How To Fix A Candle That Tunneled Or If You Cut The Wick To Short?
If your candle is only burning straight down the middle, don't fret! There is a way to fix it, but a head's up..It's not the cleanest solution. It's always better to avoid the problem with the best good candle burning practices.
- Turn the candle on its side, turning clockwise every 5-6 seconds until the wax is melted away from the jar.
- Safely dispose of melted wax by melting the wax onto folded foil, or foil pie plate.
- Straighten the wick so it's centered.
- The wax memory is "reset" and you now have a fresh start.
How Does A REUSABLE BEESWAX FOOD WRAP Work?
Our wraps will mold to the surface you're wrapping by using the heat of your hands.
They contain naturally occurring antibacterial & anti-fungal properties which aid in keeping foods fresh & crisp.
Beeswax wraps will last 6-12 months depending on amount of usage but we're able to re-wax your wraps anytime for a discounted price.
REUSABLE FOOD WRAPS - Different Strengths!
What's the difference?
Regular Strength - Infused with 100% pure Ontario beeswax.
Extra Strength - Infused with a blend of 100% pure Ontario Beeswax, pine resin and jojoba oil.
Vegan - Infused with a blend of 100% pure candelilla wax, pine resin and jojoba oil.
Where Do We Beeswax From?
Our beeswax is sourced from a sustainable & ethical beekeeper, located in Glenburnie, ON (10 minutes North of Kingston,ON)
A family owned and operated business since the 50's who takes pride in providing our community with their delicious handcrafted honey products.