REUSE OUR CANDLE JARS
HOW TO CLEAN AND REUSE YOUR JAR
Method 1: Using the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 180° F
- Scrape out as much of the excess wax as you can with a butter knife or spoon.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with a layer of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the candle jars upside down on the baking pan then put the pan in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan and place on a heat-safe surface.
- Hold the container using a towel or pot holder and wipe the inside with a paper towel. * WARNING: Candle jars will be hot!
- Let the jar(s) cool, then clean with dish soap and warm water.
Method 2: Microwave
This method works well if you have 1-3 candle jars to clean at once.
- Use a knife or spoon to pry or scrape the excess wax from your candle jar.
- When the jar is relatively clean, place the jar in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds.
- Wipe away any melted wax with a paper towel.
- Clean with dish soap and warm water.
Method 3: Freezer
This method works well on single jars needing to be cleaned. Freeze multiple jars at once if you have a large freezer on-hand to use.
Frozen wax becomes brittle and easy to remove from a candle jar.
- Place the jar(s) in the freezer and wait several hours.
- Once the candle wax is frozen, use a knife to to pry it and any excess bits of wax from the jar.
- Wipe the jar with a paper towel to clean out remaining debris.